Yes, finally!!! We are going to make a stop for the following months in the Philippines. The first one will happen at the BGC Art Mart on October 20 and 21, 2017 and we need your help! First is we will be selling our postcards at the event and we will be having a Your Letters Live Project. Of course we will need some pre-handwritten letters for those days that we will be putting inside our mailbox. So yes, we need your help for this one.
1. Write anything under the sun, may it be an inspirational piece or even a simple story. You may sign it anonymous or you may even put your name and social media accounts with your letter.
2. Make sure that the maximum word count is 100 WORDS.
3. Send it to our email: firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject, "YOUR PENPAL PH"
Here's what you will get in return for participating:
1. You will be getting your very own letter from a stranger that will be sent via email.
2. Your written piece will be physically written on a postcard that a stranger might read at the art market.
Thank you so much and we are excited to read your pieces soon! If you're also from the Philippines we hope to see you on October 20-21 at the BGC Art Mart that will be held at the Maybank Performance Art Theater, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig.
See you there!
Photo above was from the very first Your Letters Live Project at Singapore Art Book Fair 2017, it was written by a stranger from Singapore.
Letter written on the postcard:
Interesting, how I've never met you, or even spoken to you, and yet am doing so through this. The idea of speaking to a stranger, in public, would be looked upon in horror. I would know, I tried it once in an MRT. The person all but ran, scared of the implications of conversing with the unknown. What they don't see is the potential to meet, an acquaintance, a friend, a love. It has been nice meeting you stranger. I wish you well.